is regularly engaged as transaction counsel to buyers and sellers in mergers
and acquisitions ranging in size from several million dollars to $100+ million.
His clients include private companies, independent sponsors, angel investors and
institutional investors in hundreds of venture capital financings, growth and
private equity transactions, debt financings, cross-border transactions, complex
restructuring transactions and spin-off transactions.
recent matters at Feinberg Hanson include representing:
- UK based software firm Adeptra Ltd. and ABS Ventures, its US private equity investor, in the sale of Adeptra’s UK shares to FICO (NYSE: FICO) for $115 million. We helped our clients navigate complex tax, structuring and securities law issues and coordinate the work of lawyers in multiple jurisdictions.
- Private equity firm Hadley Capital acquiring Storflex, a manufacturer of grocery store shelving equipment. We handled all aspects of the acquisition and related financing, including the asset purchase agreement; senior, subordinated and preferred stock financing; and the employment and equity arrangements with management.
- Biostage, Inc. (NASDAQ: BSTG) during its IPO and spin-off from Harvard Bioscience (NASDAQ: HBIO). We negotiated and documented all of the complex spin-off agreements, which included the separation and distribution agreements, the intellectual property agreement, and the employment and equity agreements with management.
- June Media, a fast-growing digital media company, when it acquired BetterRecipes.com from Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP). This transaction expands June Media’s portfolio whose mission is to create and publish content that inspires and informs the everyday lives of women.
- Affinity Marketing Group, a national program broker, in its share sale to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG). This involved careful negotiation of complex earn-out terms with a sophisticated large public company.
- Choice Solutions, a provider of data analytics, integration solutions and professional services for state and district-level education systems, in its share sale to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NYSE: HMH). We coordinated complex share ownership and tax issues as well as international IP issues.
- Contour Semiconductor, a company engaged in developing and manufacturing semiconductor memory chips and an American Capital portfolio company, in its sale of intellectual property assets, technology and development team to HGST, a Western Digital company (NYSE: WDC).
- Nickerson Lumber Company LLC in its acquisition of real estate and retail store operating assets from Nickerson Lumber Company Inc. Our work included structuring, negotiating and documenting the asset purchase agreements (including real estate assets and operating inventory and retail store assets) and the related equity and secured debt financing.
- Crofton Capital when it acquired Schylling Associates, a premier toy and gift designer, manufacturer and distributor. We negotiated and documented the investor financing and governance arrangements between Crofton Capital and Gladstone Investment Corporation.
- VisionAid, an industrial eye-safety products manufacturing company, with the recomposition of its board, recapitalization and successful post-turnaround sale to Radians in a share sale transaction.
was previously a partner with Choate Hall & Stewart LLP and an organizing
partner and initial chair of that firm’s Business & Technology